— chris pratt (@prattprattpratt) February 2, 2015
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) February 2, 2015
coming there too! And lastly, I don’t think anyone can ever doubt the mental toughness of Tom Brady. Tough couple weeks, but he showed why
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) February 2, 2015
I saw this coming a mile away, but that doesn’t make it any less awesome. For those who don’t know, Chris Evans (Captain America) is a huge Patriots fan and Chris Pratt (Starlord) is a huge Seahawks fan. The loser of the Super Bowl was going to visit a children’s hospital in the rival QB’s jersey. Since the Seahawks lost, Chris Pratt was going to visit a Boston children’s hospital dressed as Starlord with a Tom Brady jersey. Pratt will be doing that, but Chris Evans decided to also get in on the fun and he’ll not only be visiting a Boston children’s hospital but he’s going to Seattle too. Two guys who play superheroes being actual superheroes in real life. Great stuff.
McDonald’s Super Bowl 49 Commercial Is Introducing a ‘Pay With Lovin’ Campaign That Starts February 2nd
A few thoughts:
- Risky move by that first cashier telling a complete stranger to call his mother and tell him he loves her. Uh, what if his mother’s dead? Or what if he hates his mother? If I was that stranger I’d flip out and start crying so all the workers would feel terrible and awkward.
- How are you going to end a ‘Pay With Lovin’ campaign on Valentines Day? V-Day is the one day out of the year that signifies love. I’m pretty sure Valentine means love in Latin or some language. Poor timing on McDonald’s part.
- What McDonald’s was this filmed at? I was just at the McDonald’s in NYC near the mega bus stop and the workers were not as friendly. And when I say not as friendly, they couldn’t have been more disinterested if they tried. I want to go to the McDonald’s in this commercial where everyone is happy and hugging each other.
All in all, a pretty cool move by McDonald’s. Hopefully it works out, because those $4.5 million thirty second Super Bowl commercials are a tad expensive.
Marshawn Lynch & Gronk Playing Video Games With Conan Makes Me Want All Three Of Them To Be Best Friends
This is incredible on so many levels. Conan is the best late night host, whether it’s monologue or just hanging with athletes or celebrities.
- Gronk and Marshawn Lynch need to immediately become best friends and real life and have some kind of reality show where they play video games all day. Invite Conan over on the weekends to drink beer and watch TV and eat life size bags of skittles.
- Watching Gronk in this video made me realize I’ve never seen him in front of a camera where he knows what’s going on. He has a constant ‘deer in the headlights’ look that accompanies him everywhere except on the football field.
- Conan’s touchdown celebration is all time.
- Gronk and Marshawn not knowing what Lipitor is, and Gronk thinking it’s Viagra is the most believable thing in the world.
- 11 minute is way too short of a segment with these three. I demand a part two!
Deflate gate has been a weird controversy. I’m not talking about the controversy itself. I’m talking about the media spoofs of the controversy. Usually when something like this happens late night TV shows and SNL would be on top of it with funny parody videos, but up until today that really hasn’t been the case. SNL did their spoof, and it was ok but I wanted something that was going to knock it out of the park. Why is it that almost two weeks we finally get a solid parody video from Jimmy Kimmel about deflate gate? Anyway, this video was worth the wait. It starts off innocently enough with a few of Kimmel writers taking credit for Deflate Gate, but then it gets full scale insane with some awesome celebrity cameos. ‘My name is Ryan Salty Flanagan I’m from Roslindale Massachusetts if you don’t believe me go fuck yourself’.
As a WWE fan and New England Patriots anti fan this is the best possible video the WWE could have made. Pro wrestling haters only usual argument is that wrestling is fake and fixed, but in a lot of instances, other sports seem more fixed than pro wrestling. Players, managers and referees bet on games they’re involved in. Players use performance enhancing drugs like they’re eating candy. Teams cheat to win. The only reason pro wrestling is hated on more than the other sports is because it’s become popular to do so. The last time I checked, there were a lot of ex football players dying young or living in constant pain too. Anyway, this video is great, and if I’m the Pats going into Super Bowl 49, I’d embrace the hate. I want Tom Brady’s MVP speech after he wins the Super Bowl to start off with ‘Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!’.