Maybe it’s all the beers I drank this weekend. Maybe it’s all the sad ice cream I ate last night. But this video automatically cheered me up and creeped me out at the same time. That’s not an easy thing to do, but I guess any time old Ron Jeremy takes his pants off there’s a solid chance you’re about to go on an emotional roller coaster.
I can’t wait for Anchorman 2. There’s a 99% chance it’s going to be great and we can live happily ever after. There’s also a 99% chance that the world will be sick of Ron Burgundy by the time December 25th rolls around. Talk show appearances. Car Commercials. Newscast spots. Anchorman 2 trailers. Ron Burgundy has been in all of these things, and the movie is still over three weeks away! I can’t imagine how many Anchorman trailers and Dodge commercials we’ll see during the week the movie comes out. Will Ferrell is the man. Ron Burgundy is a legend. But maybe it’s time he goes away for a few weeks. It’ll be that much sweeter when we see him again on the big screen.
Ron Burgundy Sang Mayor Rob Ford’s Re-election Campaign Song on Conan Last Night.. And it Was Awesome
Give Ron Burgundy a double segment on late night TV and he’ll turn it into gold. The best part of his appearance on Conan was the Rob Ford re election campaign song bit. “Working for the Weekend” is actually a great choice for his new campaign. I can’t think of what’s weirder: Ron Burgundy singing a mayor’s campaign song or Rob Ford actually running a re election campaign. I guess if there’s one person who can restore Rob Ford’s good name, it’s Ron Burgundy and his sweet jazz flute.
1. The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness
– Every great man needs a pyramid of greatness. Unwritten rule of life. This is how boys become men, and men become heroes. Ever heard of a hero drinking skim milk? Neither have I.
2. Eat Like a Champion, Live Like a Champion
– Steaks, eggs, bacon. If you can’t succeed on that diet, maybe you’re not cut out for life in the fast lane. I know for a fact that if I only ate steak, bacon and eggs during my childhood I’d be a professional athlete. Or dead. Either way, Ron Swanson is right.
3. The Power of the Mustache
– Behind every mediocre man, you’ll find a great man with a mustache. Teddy Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, Jr, Tom Selleck, Freddie Mercury, Ron Swanson. All American heroes. All hall of fame mustaches.
4. The Best Government is No Government At All
– I’m not saying the government shutdown wouldn’t have happened if Ron Swanson was in charge, but there’s a good chance it wouldn’t have happened. That’s the beauty of the pyramid of greatness: it’s useful in ever facet of life, including the government. Combine that with his eating habits and panty dropping mustache, and you have the greatest mentor in the history of the world.
“Ron Burgundy’s “classy” life story will soon be coming to book shelves. A memoir about San Diego’s fictional Action 4 News Team anchor was announced on Wednesday to coincide with the upcoming release of “Anchorman: The Legend Continues,” a sequel to the 2004 hit comedy starring Will Ferrell, “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.” “Let Me Off at the Top! My Classy Life and Other Musings” will chronicle Burgundy’s beginnings, from his early childhood to his rise as a star journalist. No topics are off limits, including Burgundy’s many love conquests and his beloved dog, Baxter. “The list of legendary American broadcast news journalists is short: Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkite, and, of course, Ron Burgundy,” said Mauro Di Preta, vice president and editor-in-chief at the memoir’s publishing house, Crown Archetype. “The printed page will allow Ron to tell his story in a much more intimate way. ‘Let Me Off at the Top!’ will be a classic for years to come.” “Burgundy” also has high hopes for the memoir. “I don’t know if it’s the greatest autobiography ever written. I’m too close to the work,” Burgundy said in a press release, adding,”I will tell you this much: The first time I sat down and read this thing…I cried like a goddamn baby, and you can take that to the bank!” “Let Me Off at the Top! My Classy Life and Other Musings” will be released in digital and print formats on Nov. 19.” – CBS News
Will Ferrell and company sure do know how to build anticipation for a movie. Apparently the book, titled Let Me Off At The Top! My Classy Life and Other Musings, will document Ron Burgundy’s entire life, from childhood to his exploits as an anchorman. I have a feeling we’ve seen the last of Will Ferrell until Anchorman premieres December 20th. He’s 100% Ron Burgundy now. While I can’t see many other movies adopting this type of marketing strategy, one thing is for sure: no one transforms themselves into the characters they play better than Will Ferrell.