The company, HMD, recently released something exciting. They have revived the Nokia 3310 in the form of a android-running modern candy bar cell phone. Accorsinf to the presser, The Nokia 3310 will retail at an average global retail price of €49 (about $51.97). Here’s a closer look:
- System: Dual band 900/1800 MHz
- Software platform: Nokia Series 30+
- Dimensions: 115.6*51.0*12.8mm
- Weight: 79.6 g (including battery)
- Display: 2.4’’ QVGA (240*320)
- two Micro SIM slots
- Curved window with polarised layer for better readability in sunlight
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5mm AV connector,
Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM
- Camera: 2Mpxl camera with LED flash
- MicroSD card support up to 32 GB
- LED torchlight
These numbers are all well and good, but I only ned one piece of information…where and when can I buy one? For too long now have I dreamed of owning a simple phone for the times when I need, and want, to be off the grid. This little guy, developed by HMD, seems like the perfect mix of on and off the grid. Not to mention it brings me back to Christmas 2003 when I received my first cell phone, a Nokia 3310. Santa also brought a case for my phone that year; it was black and glossy with flames on it. Literal FIRE. Pair that with my frosted tips and you can probably imagine why I was a hit* with the ladies back in the day.
*Not a hit at all.