In Terrible News, The Rock Had To Put Down His Puppy Brutus After He Ate Poisonous Mushroom
View this post on Instagram
Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus' suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil' family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We'll always love you Brutus.. and you'll always be my lil' main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WishICouldHaveSavedYouOneMoreTime #TheresPickUpTrucksInHeavenYouCanPeeIn
Well this is heartbreaking. The Rock is usually a pillar of positivity on social media, but whenever you have to put down a dog that all kind of changes. The Rock just posted a picture of him saving his two dogs from drowning, and frequently features them on his Instagram account. No matter who you are, the loss of a dog is a horrible feeling, mainly because you know how much they rely on you to survive. Hopefully The Rock rebounds from this quickly and continues to be a shining light in all our lives.