Snake Bites And Kills Chef 20 Minutes After It’s Head Had Been Chopped Off. In Other News, I’m Moving To The Moon


A chef preparing a dish from cobra flesh died when the snake’s head bit him – 20 minutes AFTER it was cut off.

Victim Peng Fan had been preparing a special dish made from the Indochinese spitting cobra, a rare delicacy in Asia where eating snakes is commonplace.

But when he went to throw the serpent’s severed head into the waste bin, it bit him – injecting him with its fast acting venom.

Police say Mr Peng died before he could be given life saving anti-venom in hospital. –

Oh hey there, just preparing dinner, oh look I forgot to throw the snake head away….AND…I’m DEAD.


First of all, people need to be more careful around snakes. I don’t care if this snake head had been sitting on the counter for a fortnight, I ain’t just going to pick it up all willy-nilly. I am going to pick it up like i’m defusing a nuclear bomb–slow and steady wins the race here. Here’s my next question, how much of this “accident” was the dead snake biting him and how much was this guy not paying attention and stabbing himself with one of the giant snake fangs covered in venom. I would like to believe the former, but something tells me that the chef that cooks poisonous snakes without anti-venom nearby isn’t the most cautious of fellows.


About MattFromRI

Bucs fan. Podcast producer. Social media manager. Movie goer. Gamer. Filmmaker. Reader of comics. King under the Mountain.

Posted on April 7, 2015, in Average Blog Posts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply